Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Making Fractions with Play Dough

This week my classroom and I have been learning how to cut fractions into different equal parts but it is the same. We have been using play dough to practice with. The fractions we are doing are wholes, halves, thirds, 4 firths and more.

For this experience is we had to cut the play dough into chocolate bars and we had to half them into equal diffrent parts. When we  finished cutting the play dough it felt like gooey marshmallows stuck together and smelled like salt and donuts.

My maths group is doing this to help us with our maths. The maths I am talking about is fractions and how we cut them differently. We are learning how to cut different fractions and turn them into different parts.

To show my learning I used google drawing. I used google drawing to show how to cut the same shape in different ways. When I am done I post it onto my blog.

I will feel excited to do this experience again. Next time I hope that we can use play dough again to help us with our fractions.







No comments:

Post a Comment